Host: Ron Beard, University of Maine Cooperative Extension
Engineer: Amy Browne
Issue: Community concerns and opportunities
Program Topic: Maine Sea Coast Mission and Musings on the Future of Downeast Maine
Key Discussion Points:
1. What is Maine Sea Coast Mission— thumbnail sketch of history and current mission
2. What was your path and what attracted you about Maine Sea Coast Mission?
3. What are the core programs and activities of Maine Sea Coast Mission
Outreach to Islands—health and ministry, role of the Sunbeam
Youth development – EdGE
Meeting immediate needs
4. How is this work staffed and funded?
5. This is philanthropic work… what resonates with donors?
6. What did your experience in Western Maine… similarities and differences to what you are finding here?
7. Robin Alden’s TED talk (Pre-Recorded 13 minutes)
8. What inspires you about that talk, and how have you made use of Robin’s vision in your own work?
9. Robin describes well the fisheries side, and how they are engaging fishermen… what else needs to happen for this vision to be realized? How might others (people, organizations)
10. work on these opportunities and concerns
11. Share contact information and a favorite story which speaks to the spirit of the people you are finding through your work with Maine Sea Coast Mission
Guests by name and affiliation:
Scott Planting, Maine Sea Coast Mission, Bar Harbor
Robin Alden, Penobscot East Fisheries Resource Center, Stonington
Call In Program: Yes