Notes from the Electronic Cottage 2/19/09

Producer/Host: Jim Campbell

Topic: Come summer of 2009, if you want to get into the U.S., you’ll need a passport or a passport card. The passport cards differ in some important ways from regular passports. For one thing they are significantly cheaper.  For another, the information on the chips in them can be read from 30 feet away, and that is making some folks nervous. Here’s why.