Host/Producer: Rhonda Feiman
Co-Producer: Petra Hall
Healthy Options: For Well-being & Being Well
Host Rhonda Feiman speaks with three of the founding members of The Healing Garden, a new non-profit health & wellness organization based in Midcoast Maine, to discuss heart-brain coherence and how energy medicine can be beneficial for our health.
Key Discussion Points:
1. What is The Healing Garden in Belfast, Maine? What projects and workshops are The Healing Garden offering to the public?
2. What is the relationship between the the heart and the brain? What is heart-brain coherence?
3. What is it like to experience a heart-brain coherence meditation?
4. What is the vagus nerve & what does it have to do with stress, and flight, fright & freeze?
5. How does the breath affect our nervous system? How is the breath important in healing?
6. How can mainstream medicine and holistic practice work together?
7. How do you stay positive in your attempts to heal even when it’s very difficult?
8. What are the chemicals involved in flight, fright, freeze and stress, and what did neuroscientist Dr. Candace Pert discover about the molecules of emotion? Do we really experience emotions in our stomachs?
Dr. Deb Peabody is a practicing Family Physician who left mainstream medicine to embrace a new medical practice after discovering the Functional Medicine model of healthcare. She is also a Hospice volunteer, and a board member of The Healing Garden.
Diana Maria Chapin, president of The Healing Garden, is a Reiki Master, and in her practice in Belfast, she works with energy healing & meditation, and helps clients to develop wellness skills.
Dr. Kerri Vacher, vice president of The Healing Garden, is a Naturopathic Doctor and Family Nurse Practitioner who combines several healing modalities in her practice, including cranial sacral therapy, meditation, yoga, and diet & nutrition therapies.
Websites of Interest:
The Healing Garden Maine
Dr. Candace Pert
The Heart’s Electromagnetic Field is Your Super Power: Training Heart-Brain Coherence
“Heartbreak- A Personal and Scientific Journey” Healthy Options interview with author Florence Williams 2/2/22
About the host:
Rhonda Feiman is a nationally-certified, licensed acupuncturist practicing in Belfast, Maine since 1993. She primarily practices Toyohari Japanese acupuncture, using gentle and powerful non-insertion needle techniques, and also utilizes Chinese acupuncture and herbology. In addition, Rhonda is a practitioner of Qi Gong and an instructor of Tai Chi Chuan in the Yang Family tradition.