Host: Sara Trunzo
Engineer: Amy Browne
Program Topic: Farmers’ Markets, Food Access
Key Discussion Points:
1. What is happening with farmers’ markets in the WERU listening area?
2. What are some good practices for shoppers as they use farmers’ markets?
3. How can low-income residents get access to local products through farmers’ markets?
1. Amanda Provencher is a farmer at King Hill Farm and vendor at Blue Hill Farmers’ Market.
2. Bronwyn Clement is an Anti-Hunger & Opportunity Corps member and Maine Hunger Initiative VISTA serving with Healthy Acadia in Hancock County.
3. Sam Jenkins is a food access volunteer for Food AND Medicine at Brewer Farmers’ Market.
4. Colleen Hanlon-Smith is the Executive Director of the Maine Federation of Farmers’ Markets.
For More Information: