Producers/Hosts: John Zavodny & Sara Trunzo
Studio Engineer: Amy Browne
Issue: 2012 Camden International Film Festival
Program Topic: Documentary Film
Key Discussion Points (list at least 3):
1. What is the Camden International Film Festival?
2. What is the Points North Documentary Film Forum?
3. Who is film maker David Redmon and what is his connection to Maine?
1. Ben Fowlie (617 817 5376) is the founder and director of the Camden International Film Festival (CIFF), a documentary exclusive event that takes place along the coast of Maine each Fall. The CIFF has been recognized as one of the top 25 (#19) film festivals internationally for documentary film and filmmakers, and one of the 12 best small town film festivals in the US by PBS. He is also the founder of the Points North Documentary Forum. Running in conjunction with CIFF, Points North has hosted dozens of key industry decision makers from the BBC, HBO, A&E, PBS, POV, ITVS, ZDF, Arte, the Tribeca Institute, the Sundance Institute and Channel. He currently sits on the Industry Advisory Board and Nominating Committee for both features and shorts for the Cinema Eye Honors for Nonfiction Filmmaking. Ben is also a founder and programmer for The DocYard, a bi-weekly nonfiction screening series in Cambridge, MA, and a frequent panelist and juror at festivals, including most recently at the Silverdocs Film Festival, Big Sky Documentary Film Festival, SXSW and Sheffield Doc Fest.
2. David Redmon (438.382.1434) : David Redmon and his film making partner Ashley Sabin have produced, directed, edited and photographed seven feature documentaries: Mardi Gras: Made in China (2005), Kamp Katrina (2007), Intimidad (2008), Invisible Girlfriend (2009), Girl Model (2011) Downeast (2012), Kingdom of Animal (2012), and Night Labor (2013). Their intimate and intricately crafted documentaries have won a variety of film festival awards and their work has aired on television stations throughout the world. Redmon and Sabin’s films have premiered at Toronto, IDFA, Sundance, CPH:DOX, Rome, SXSW, and the Museum of Modern Art. Redmon received his PhD in sociology from the University at Albany, State University of New York and is a former Radcliffe Fellow at Harvard University. Sabin received her BA in Art History from Pratt Institute.
For More Information:
Camden International Film Festival: camdenfilmfest.org/
Call In Program: YES